the musings of a mad man

Monday, March 06, 2006

pic of the stick


Here is a pic of my stick, or board if you want to avoid the inuendo that could go with that last statement. It's a old Nigel Semmens 6'6", it is really quite light compared to a bic or a polycarb board but is really easy to ding. I've had the board about three years but I've hardly used it due to the fact that I didn't feel too stable on it at first which just put me off. I'm using it regularly now and I am catching some good waves with it and it is really manoverable when you are actually up on a wave, it's just dead easy to turn it (note the narrow tail).

I've been surfing over five years now and most of that time has been spent on my bic 6'7" which has been a great board, but in reality it just wasn't a sharp enough tool, it was great for smaller days as I'm light it could pick up almost any wave because it is wide and thick but it just doesn't offer the response I know feel I need.

**quick interuption, You will find that throughout this blog I will reference almost everthing back to cars, and this is no different.

It's like the bic is a ford mondeo and then stepping up to a Mitsubishi Evo8, the Evo is just some much more capable than the mondeo....but the Evo is by no means a Ferrari and neither is my 6'6"!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home